I never knew there was a PA group :)

SukieSookie
on 2/21/12 11:38 pm
 Hi everyone :) I live in NE PA and am currently trying to get a revision surgery. I'm hoping to find some face to face meetings, but online support is all I have right now. I hope everyone is healthy and happy...any upcoming surgeries?

bvohl
on 2/22/12 12:04 am
Hi Sukie!

The PA Forum is one of the more active on OH. We are a close knit group, some of us have met face to face while others are friends online. We try our best to be on here everyday, although alot of the regulars have fallen off the face of the earth, some of us (like me) are still trugging along. I had RNY also in 2009. My three year surgiversary will be in June...

Welcome to one of the best boards around!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

SukieSookie
on 2/22/12 12:31 am
 Thanks, Beth....3 years out, that's so awesome. I wish I had that type of success with the band! But you learn and you move on.  I'd love to get to know ya'll if you wouldn't mind me hanging around. I'd love to find a face to face support group, but I know how much help these online ones can be as well. I disappeared for a while. And while I know that many old timers have moved on, I still think OH has much to offer. 

Thanks again!

bvohl
on 2/22/12 7:34 am
You are more than welcome to stay!! Looking forward to talking with you and getting to know you better!!

Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

Lisa H.
on 2/22/12 1:13 am - Whitehall, PA
 Hi Sukie!! I'm from the Lehigh Valley, too!!  Where have you gone to inquire about revision?  I had my surgery at Westfield with Dr. Sawyna, but am doing my follow up care with St. Luke's and Dr. El Chaar.  St. Luke's has a phenomenal support staff and the surgeons are wonderful, as well.  

They also have support groups once a month and informal meetings every other week, I think.  

OMG, just realized with your help, that my 3 year surgiversary is tomorrow!!  I have lost about 75 lbs and still struggle to get off the last 30-40 lbs that I need to lose.  There is a lot of stress in my life and it is soooo hard.  I also want to get to the support groups, but it's next to impossible for me to get there.  

Let me know if I can help you in any way.  Like I said, I am local to you.  There are a few of us around here, but the others don't really come on the boards much anymore.  

These Philly peeps (and the few western PA and NJ folks who hang around) have become my family!! I am closer to them than anyone I have ever met and I don't have much blood family left, so there'll all I have and I wouldn't give them up for the world!!

Stick around!

My tracker

hers 

SukieSookie
on 2/22/12 1:40 am
 Another surgiversary! Yay! It sounds like you're doing great! I'm afraid if I tell you about my revision I'll be SHUNNED! lol. But here goes. I am getting the DS.  I know a lot of ppl IRL who did not do well with the RNY. I really looked into it, but I feel it's the right surgery for me. I'm just really scared of all the follow up blood tests and vitamins and such. Do RNYers have to get blood drawn and vitamin levels checked all the time?

Let me add that I in no way think the DS is better than any other surgery. I think everyone needs to make a  choice that is right FOR THEM. Obviously the band wasn't for me, but some people do very well with it. I haven't been to any support groups yet, but I am going to look into the ones you mentioned, I think it will help a lot with any misgivings I have. And you're LOCAL. That's so awesome!

Thanks for warm welcome!

Lisa H.
on 2/22/12 2:49 am - Whitehall, PA
 Nobody on this board will EVER shun you.. I know there is a lot of drama when it comes to the DS.  This is a drama free zone!

St. Luke's DOES the DS, I think.  I know they do the sleeve.  

I get blood work annually now that I am past a year. 

My tracker

hers 

jastypes
on 2/22/12 11:23 am - Croydon, PA
Welcome to the PA Board. We're a big family here.  I remember looking into the DS when I had my surgery, but opted for the RNY in May 2007.  I've had ups and downs in the journey, like everyone else, but overall great success and now maintain a 130 weight loss.  I love the support here and face to face at Barix in Langhorne.  I do get regular blood work done, but have never had a problem.

Blessings, Jill

WLS 5/31/07.  Maintaining a weight loss of 141 pounds and feeling amazing!

SukieSookie
on 2/23/12 12:06 am
I can't thank you guys enough for the warm welcome. I WISH St. Lukes did the DS, but they don't :( I'm still calling Dr.s and know I'll find the right one soon. It sounds like you're all having so much success with your surgeries, which is awesome! As a pre op it really makes me feel much more positive about my decision.

Hugs,

Lizzy106
on 3/12/12 12:19 pm - PA
Hi Guys,  I'm from central PA...State College area.   I think it's great that you all log on daily.  I love that kind of committment!!

Can I ask how many years post-op you all are?

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views